Cherries and red canvas make a striking bag. Here canvas handles were made.
Bags stand up well on their own and are generously sized.
Instructions for handy storage case included.
Colorful ladybugs with strapping handles. Made by pattern tester, Janice Hedberg.
Stuff and Go Grocery Bags made with eggplant and basil fabric. Strapping handles.
Stuff and Go Grocery
Bags and Storage Case - Item #: QBN021
Materials (100% cotton, non-directional fabrics recommended):
- 1-1/8 yd of 36" wide pet screen*
- 2 fat quarters or 1/2 yd fabric for top trim on grocery bags
- 1 fat quarter for middle trim on grocery bags
- 1 fat eighth
for trim on storage case
- 2/3 yd 54" wide heavy canvas such as duck cloth
(1 yd if making handles)**
- 1 yd 20" wide heavy-weight fusible interfacing (e.g. Pellon 808
- 7 yd 1-inch wide strapping for handles (omit if making canvas handles)
- 4 yd extra-wide double-fold bias tape to finish
piece of 1/8-inch wide elastic for storage case loop
- Two - 1/2-inch, 2- or 4-hole, flat buttons for storage case
- One - 1-inch decorative button for storage case
- Matching thread
- Fabric glue stick
- Painter's or masking
tape to aid in placement of straps
- Size 14 or 90/14 sewing
- Walking foot for sewing
- Chalk Pencil
Notes: * Pet screen
is heavy-duty window screening. It is available in black or grey from the hardware
store and your local quilt shop may caryy it in other colors. It comes in 36" and 42"
widths. The hardware
store may sell it by the foot
or on a roll.
** Salvaged denim, canvas, or tarp makes
great bag bottoms!